From:
Alan Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:38:15 -0500
>Robert E Dejournett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I am sure you have seen the canned reply from Sen. Dingell here in the FM L.
>I am very excited by this new, brave initive.  Not like it stands a hope in
>heck of passing, but it is very nobel none the less.  [...]

Rob, I'd love to hear exactly what basis you have for your cynicism.  As a
world-class cynic I find myself optimistic for the passage of this bill
because it doesn't cost the state anything and the legislature can make a
statement by passing it showing that they are humane, caring people (whether
they are or not is another issue).  And our governor (yes, I live in
Michigan) who has recently announced a bid for re-election has been playing
up concerns of families big time.  The birth of his triplets before his last
election certainly helped portray him as a family man.  I doubt he'd want to
veto this bill which specifically addresses the status and safety of our
beloved family pets.  He was happy to sign the bill which made ferrets
legal, now he can finish the job.

All of us in Michigan need to be positive about the issue and contact our
representatives and the governor's office and press them to support this
bill -- after it has passed, we'll work on seeing that it's followed by the
morally corrupt bureaucrats infesting our government.  Of course, the notes
and calls from out of state can't hurt, either :-)

Alan

R.I.P. Kodo and his hundreds of brothers and sisters killed by the state of
Michigan's morally bankrupt bureacracy

 --
Alan Moen                           [log in to unmask]
LAN Manager, Wayne State University Counseling & Placement Services