Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:42:46 -0800
Hi all--

Our girl Chloe, who is about 7 1/2-8 yrs old (she was a rescue, so we're
not exactly sure), has been suffering from an insulinoma for about 9
months, treated with pred.  Recently she began exhibiting signs of an
adrenal tumor as well (loss of hair, enlarged vulva at times).  We've had
her x-rayed to see if the tumors could be located (possibly meaning more
successful surgery), and nothing was found.  We're in a huge quandry
here--do we put her through surgery with these two disorders, at her older
age, and (I hate to say this) with the expense?  Also our girl Ophelia died
1 1/2 yrs ago from an insulinoma, and we feel that putting her through (an
unsuccessful) surgery actually shortened her lifespan as she never
recovered.

Our vet is currently looking into alternative treatments, especially for
the adrenal.  I would appreciate any advice from this knowledgeable FML
re: alternative things we could try, medication names, etc.

Thanks in advance--

Jodi