From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:05:54 -0500
This was sent to me by a vet friend of mine at the U of Saskatoon.  If
anyone can help, please e-mail me or Dr. Parker.

 -----
And.....since I'm writing to you anyway, I have a little cute boy here
that you might be able to help me with.  He's a ~ 2-3 year old male
ferret that was turned over to us back in August.  He was loved but the
owner couldn't afford treatment.  He's also got a bit of a sketchy past,
but the long and the short of it is....he's most likely had some spinal
trauma at some point over the past year, and now he can't walk properly,
and more importantly, he can't pee on his own.  He's a cute little guy,
but he needs his bladder expressed 2-3 times a day - although it will
start to drip out if it gets full.  He's on medication at the moment, but
it's not really working so I 'm going to give it another month then stop
if it doesn't start to work.  So he's looking for a home with someone who
would be able to express his bladder and care for him, he may be more
prone to bladder infections since he drags his prepuce over the floor.
He has 'seedy' poop, so is probably carrying ECE (and therefore has not
met Hobo).  Anyways, I"m sure I could find a vet student who would take
him, but I would prefer someone with ferrety experience.  Could you get
the word out, and let people know about him?  I can send you a picture if
you want.  If anyone is interested they can e-mail me at
[log in to unmask]  Thanks so much!!
 -----

Randy Melanie Belair
President