From:
Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV maintainer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:10:23 -0500
Hello everyone!

After being upset, I realized how funny this was & decided I had to
share....

Isabelle has this bad habit of craving mid-night snacks.  Since we share a
room, it is quite noticeable when she decides to start crunching on her food
at 3 or 4am.  I wake up everytime, so I finally wised up about a week ago
and decided to take her food out of her cage between the hours of 12am and
6:00am.  I figure she can live without food for 6 hours.... Apparently she
feels differently.  Last night I took her food out, hugged and kissed her
good nite, closed her cage door & went to bed.  I woke up at 4am to the once
familiar crunching, looked at her cage to make sure I took the container
out, I did.  So I thought well, a piece must have fallen out and she will
quit shortly.  But the noise continued...and continued...and continued.
Until finally I couldn't take it anymore, I got up, opened the cage, picked
her up, put her in her hammock, and picked up her "blankie" that rests on
the floor of her cage.  I hear pieces of food fall out when they hit the
tray that lines the bottom.  I shook it & heard more food falling out.  It
became obvious to me that this was not a spill, this was the mind of a
ferret... She had *stashed* food in her "blankie" so she could have her
midnite snack!  The little brat!

Will someone tell me, did she get information on how to do this from the
FLO???

Tanya:  "Aagghhh!  Just let me sleep through the night & I'll do any
thing you want."
Isabelle:  "But, Mom, I just wanted a little snack...It's not like I
left crumbs in your     bed or anything!"