From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:30:37 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:
>I find Mary to be breath of fresh air after hearing too much of miracle
>cures through the years, and I expect that other folks who handle their
>approaches as miracle cures are as bad for her as they are for anyone
>else,

I ADD: So many of us try to debunk the "snake remedies" that are out
there and those who practice them, recognizing that they are as bad for
us as for our patients.

since they tend to make people forget that there are people involved in
herbs who do read the resources and look at the full picture (both bad
and good).

>>Anyway, I think that both have useful points to make, and I think
>>that a simple misunderstanding may have happened and hope that it is
>>cleared up (which is possible since both parties are intelligent
>>folks who like to learn) rather than blown up.

I ADD: Thank you Sukie.  No, it was not my intention to demean Bob's post
at all.  It merely is such a mistake that herbs are drugs.  While we do
recognize that drugs can come from herbs, the pharmacy of it is so
different.  If Bob felt offended then I feel bad, and I apologize.  He
probably has more to offer me about ferrets than I will ever learn.  I
was hoping it would be seen as an exchange of information, sort of a
sharing.  Sometimes I can drag my soapbox around with me, but I love what
I do, and recognize that there can also be a hazard in it.  Many of us
have dedicated a lot of time studying these wonderful plants in order to
make their use more safe.  I literally spend at least 2 hours a day on my
other herb lists, reading new information, or studying new concepts and
products.  I make all my own medicines from organically grown herbs, and
so do many of my friends who practice with herbs.

It is not my intention to start up a "discussion war" on the FML.  I have
grown to love this list and the people on it, and would not disrupt it
for anything.

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist