From:
Kerri Sher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:22:38 -0400
On a whim one day I decided to get the ferrets one of those cat toys
that is a circular tube with holes in it and a ball rolling around
inside.  I thought they would get a kick out of chasing the ball around
by poking their noses through the holes.  (Gletta really likes to chase
balls on the hardwood floor.)  I put it on the floor and they both
sniffed it curiously for a few minutes and then went on with their
business.  I was sad but I left it there as part of the obstacle course
they goof around in.

Later on I heard a very strange noise and my husband urgently whispered
for me to come look into the ferret room.  He was laughing
uncontrollably, as quietly as he could.  I looked to find Gletta racing
around the INSIDE of the tube after the ball.  I've never seen a fuzzy
move so fast!  She was a little spinning blur of fuz!  Her nose was
touching one side of the ball and her tail the other.  She was an EXACT
fit!  After checking to make sure that she wasn't going to be permanently
stuck I let her proceed.  Proceed she did until I was a little afraid
she would lose her lunch from all of that spinning.  This went on for
several days!  After she seemed to get bored of it we took it out of
their room.  We try to rotate the toys to keep life interesting.  I can't
wait until we can put it back in again.  That was the funniest thing I've
seen her do!

Hope you chuckled,
Kerri
Loki and Gletta (C'MER BALL!  I'm gonna get you yet!)