From:
Pam Franklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 00:22:31 -0800
Happy Holidays to all!  Just a note to update everyone.  A while ago I
posted for help about my ferret Oreo who had a bilateral adrenalectomy and
was having heat signs again.  Thanks to all who replied and have sent me
info and support.  My computer was down for awhile and this is what has
happened: She had an ultra sound done and a small mass was detected on her
right side.  She had surgery to remove it on the 19th and while my vet was
scraping the vena cava, he nicked it.  I guess it was pretty scary going for
awhile but she pulled through.  Now I get to try to keep her imobile to let
the vein heal which is getting harder to do as she is starting to protest
being caged up.

I am waiting to hear the results of the histology report on the removed mass
to be sure that it was re-generated adrenal tissue.  Hopefully it is and
then her problems may be over.

My vet still thinks follow-up chemo should be done.  I am still hesitant
over this, does anyone have any experience or ideas about this?  Do I need
to worry about re-generation again or will this take care of it.

Thanks,
Pam Franklin
Oreo (I want out to play now!)
Fluffy (Where's Oreo? I want to play with her.)
Chubba Wubba (I can finally get some rest!)
Big Foot (All my toys stay