From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:06:51 -0600
Hi all. Boy did I have the scare of my life! Alex and I decided to take
Rocket out with us to an outdoor happy hour last night. The sun had gone
down (although in Texas it is still kindof hot, even with no sun) and I had
an icepack and water to drink and since there is also an airconditioned
inside in an emergency, I thought Rocket would like to get out and
socialize and have fun. Well, silly bugger doesnt know enough to slow down
when he gets too hot-he just ran ran ran all over the courtyard exploring.
Then, I noticed him kindof wheezing and I went to take his harness of
thinking it might be too tight and I noticed he was drooling! Well, I
freaked and brought him into the bathroom and put him on the cool counter
and wiped him down with wet paper towels and tried to get him to drink (he
didnt want anything). Seemed ok after about 10 minutes and started roaming
around, climbing my shirt. Kept him in his carry case the rest of the time
with plenty of cold, wet papertowels and he was fine. Perky, healthy
looking, etc. When we got home, he pooped, ate, and went to sleep. All is
normal this morning so I am pretty sure he has recovered ok. Am I right in
assuming it was the heat? And did I handle it ok? Is there anything I
should watch for?? Thanks for your help!

Diane and Alex
        and Rocket (who is never going to leave our airconditioned
apartment again unless it is for 5 minutes out by our pool!)