From:
Adam Moschette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:17:29 -0400
Hello Everyone,

I could use a little help from everyone.  Just Yesterday I had found out
that my favorite ferret Romeo Had Diabetes and we had to put him to sleep.
It was heartbreaking for all of us being that he was only 3 years of age
and this was totally unexpected.  Juliet is now without a companion.

Juliet is 3 years old as well and was purchased the same time as Romeo so
they have always been together.  Now with the loss of Romeo I am unsure
of what to do.  I am planning on watching over her to see her reactions
this week.  She currently has looked for Romeo quickly but not shown an
overabundance of concern just yet.  I am a bit confused here because they
have never been separated.... ever!

My question being, in the event that I decide to get her a new companion
what would I be looking for?  Male or Female ??  I was considering a ferret
around her own age that is already house broken and would need limited
training.  Juliet is always out of her cage and roams freely.  A new
younger ferret may have to be confined for littler training.  Would Julie
be more comfortable with a new young ferret or same age?  I would hate to
get a 3 year old male trying to make himself dominant.

As you can see I am in quite a dilemma.  Julie might be rather happy on
her own but in the event that she looks for a friend I want to be able to
provider with what is best.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Adam Moschette