From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:40:57 -0800
Hey folks,

Good news!!  The Lost Ferrets website:
www.geocities.com/lostferrets
is finally almost done.  I am putting out a request now for any articles
or other ideas concerning what to do when you lose or find a ferret, or
ferret-proofing, for items to be posted on the site.  If you have anything
like that, please email it or a url where it can be found to me at

In the meantime, surf through and take a look at the shelter lists, etc.
Any shelter, concerned individual, or club who is interested in being
listed as a person to help when someone in their area has lost or found a
ferret, please fill out the shelter participation form.  I'll get your info
added as soon as it is confirmed.  Also, not so good news, there is one
"found" ferret already listed on the site.  The ferret is staying with
Kista Ferret Shelter, and was found in Holmdel, NJ in January of 1999.  So,
if you live in that area and have been mourning the loss of a buddie this
past year, contact Kim at Kista!  On another happy note, this past week, my
new baby, Tasha, got to experience 2 foot snow drifts in 50 degree ambiant
temps....the snow without the cold!!  She had so much fun!!  While she was
bouncing around like a sprung slinky, her older, more "mature" brother and
sister were busy digging tunnels, then chasing each other through them.
Wet snow is so good for that.  In the end we had three throroughly soaked,
thoroughly happy ferrets.  Quite a sight.  Anyway, check out the site, and
have a good day!!

Melissa