From:
Carolina Arismendi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:19:41 EDT
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone out there that responded to my e-mail and
answered most or all of my MANY questions...THANK YOU !!  You have all
helped calm my concerns and I feel very confident with the Lupron.  I
will speak to my vet today about the Melatonin that you all suggested.

I wanted to let you know that after I had sent my e-mail to the FML I was
looking closely at Everest's tail and I noticed that he has little tiny
hairs beginning to grow back..that made me very happy.  :)

Also just a bit of friendly advise.  If you had not already done so, sign
up your ferrets for the Veterinary Pet Insurance (that's the name of the
company) or the website is petinsurance.com.  My Everest has been covered
for over 2 years now and they have been wonderful about paying for
medical expenses.  Last summer I spend almost $2,000 in vet bills and
surgery and the insurance gave me back just under $1,000.  It is not
expensive at all.  My first year I paid $14 a month, last year it went
down to $13 a month, and this year (I just renewed) I figured for sure
it would go up due to all the money they paid out for my last claim, but
instead it went down to $11 a month.  They will not cover preexisting
conditions, but it's still very much worth it, especially if you have
just purchased a new ferret.

Lot's of luck to everyone with their ferrets, thank you again.

Carolina Adams and ferret Everest