From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:43:18 -0500
We have an update on the ferrets that we took in from Rick Robbins.  Most
of them are starting to realize that we're not going to hurt them, and are
willing to accept being petted.  We've had our first set of babies, 5 of
them, and will be keeping a close eye on them and Mama, but she seems to
know what she's doing and doesn't mind us looking at them, cleaning her
litter box, etc.  Pictures of the Robbins farm are now up on our web page
at: http://www.furryferrets.org\robbins.htm.  The conditions that the
ferrets and all of the other animals were in were just appalling.  We have
gotten two males neutered, with another two going in Monday.  We have two
young males that we will adopt out with a contract requiring neutering and
an additional $25 deposit (refundable with proof of neutering) on top of
our normal adoption fee.  The girls will have to wait for a while, until
we can be sure that they're not pregnant.  We would gratefully accept any
donations made to our vet:

Mackenzie Pointe Animal Hospital
7227 Watson Road
St. Louis, MO  63119
314-353-0808

They will accept credit card donations by phone if you want to do it that
way.  Or make checks payable to Imperial Animal Hospital or Howdershell
ANimal Clinic and mail them to us at:

FURRY
PMB #303
7301 Watson ROad
St. Louis, MO  63119

Thanks for any help you can give us!
Kurt & Sara Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)
http://www.furryferrets.org

Help raise money for the shelter!  Click on
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=5129