From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:56:40 PDT
Before everyone starts throwing flames at me (I am flame retardent), let
me reiterate what my last post was all about and where I am coming from.

1) I NEVER stated that Modern Ferret does not do good things for ferrets,
   so I do not know where this came from.

2) I am sympathetic to those who have health problems.

3) If the intention of the post was to let people know that the issue will
   be late and giving a date as to when it will be out, would have been
   more informative.

4) Simply stating that "we are experiencing some health-related or personal
   problems" could suffice (and be more professional) or stating "details
   are on our site" - then list the addy.

5) I am a subscriber to the magazine, and over the past two years, there
   have been too many problems with the issues being late.  In running a
   business, personal problems are irrelevant.  You have PAID subscribers
   waiting to get their product.

6) How many of you have projects due at work on a regular basis and how
   many of you tell your boss "I could not get it done because I have
   health problems"?  If you made these types of excuses, repeatedly,
   what would happen?

7) Many of you are confusing your "personal" relations with business.
   Modern Ferret is a business and would not exist if it were just for
   fun.  They are not non-profit.

8) I bet many of you have gotten upset when you have had a delay on
   products/services you have paid for, not arrive?  Particularly when
   the company repeatedly has delays and makes excuses for it.  There
   are limits to how much a consumer is willing to disregard.

Again, my post was not unsympathetic, but the excuses for issues being
late are getting way out of control.  This is the real world and personal
problems are NOT an excuse for lack of delivery.  Once or twice, I can
forgive, but not every other month.

Please think about what I am saying from a paid-consumer perspective, not
a personal one.