From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:52:52 -0500
Hello all, well it has happened again. Bridge greeters please watch for
Jessie James, he is a white fuzzy with black eyes. Jessie was diagnosed
with cancer 6 months ago and he just didn't respond to his meds this
round. Originally he did, his fur grew back all thick and furry, but
this time he just continued to get weaker and weaker. He passed away
on April 16th.

Jessie was one of the first ferrets that I ever had and he had the
patience of a saint. He didn't fuss (much) when I learned to trim nails
and clean ears. I didn't fuss too much when he hid my car keys. He
never really liked any kind of treat but he loved PopTart wrappers, how
could you be a ferret and not. They are all shiny and crinkly and smell
delicious. When we cleaned out his hidey hole we found a multitude of
the wrappers, keys and the cardboard center of toilet paper. One mans
trash etc...

I learned so many things from him and his brother Frank (of course)
things like, it doesn't matter how crummy the day is it will be better
with a little weasel dancing and a lovely game of blanket riding. He
was always a loner prefering to sleep alone. As he rides off into the
sunset to cross the Rainbow bridge I just want him to know that I will
miss him so very much and that a little part of my soul travels with
him.

Kim Trusty