From:
"Sarah R. Buck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:04:50 -0500
Hi, fellow ferret lovers:
Not that I have a solution to the FML being a "warzone".  I do have some
suggestions:

1. Appreciate differences in each other; however, the similarity is that
   we LOVE OUR FERRETS;
2. Don't be impatient with those who ARE different than you; and please
   don't be led with emotional outbursts;
3. A challenge:  Can we love even those who don't love us or who we claim
   to be different from our beliefs?  We have to in order to protect our
   planet, our species, our animals, and whatever;
4. God made the ferret because for those who love the little fuzzy (and
   even when fuzzies are OLD), as their methods of play can reach into the
   very depths of our souls and bring out the little kid in us; besides,
   you now know that God has a sense of humor!; (sorry, Zen and others, if
   I offend ya, I just believe in my Creator!);

5. Please don't criticize harshly.

Case in point: my little Blossom recently died in the dryer one night.  I
turned it on, and found her body one hour later.  I cried all night, all
day, all night.  About a month later, this REAL NICE lady from Baton Rouge
was moving and had to adopt out her ferrets.  She gave them to me.  Right
before I got them, she, in fact, had them checked, vaccinated, and brought
them to me, all free of charge.  They are so precious!!!  Even the lady.
(Already, I appreciated the fact that, because this ferret lover's need
changed, I got two free ferrets).  Anyway, I was holding one in the
kitchen, and stroking the luxurious coat, and commenting on the coat to my
husband.  He looked at the coat and agreed with me, and said "Sarah, she
does not have a permanent press label on her, ok?"  Knowing what kind of
sense of humor he possessed, I just looked at him and, in a very playful
tone of voice, called him "meanie" which he is NOT.  I relayed this story
to another ferret lover who did not know my husband's sense of humor, and
she started to cry.  I apologized for offending her, and she relayed to me
that SOME ferret lovers are very sensitive concerning the little babies.  I
appreciated her different point of view because of her sensitivity, and I
appreciate my husband, because he really isn't a mean person.  And he
likes, not loves, ferrets, as long as I clean up the poop and not complain.
So, there you have it.  Some of you can count on being different from
others.  Quite frankly, I have never ever met any kind of "mainstream
ferret owner", because we can all be fanatical about something or another.

Hey, you wonderful, B.I.G guy, we all appreciate the wonderful work you do.
We know your job is kind of frustrating at times!!!!

Hugs to ALL of you,
Sarah, and Portia the Bell and Whistle, and Stela the Whistle