From:
Sara Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:50:04 -0600
Dear FMLers,
I have a dilema that has suddenly arisen: My SO and I live in a mobile home
park with our three gorgeous fuzzies.  I was presented not more than 10
minutes ago with a contract that MUST be signed.  The contract reads in
part:
**  All pet owners living in Oak Manor Mobile Home Park must report all
pets and sign and comply with pet agreement contract or forfeit your
right to keep pets on said property.  ("pets" includes dogs, cats,
birds, ferrets, etc. and any other mammals.  Fish and ONLY fish are not
considered "pets")

               RULES FOR PET OWNERS
1.  Only two (2) pets per houshold.
2.  There will be a non-refundable pet fee of $200.00 per pet per year.  A
payment of $100.00 will be due no later than June 1, 1997 and the final
$100.00 due no later than August 1, 1997.  For 1998, and tenancy therafter,
the pet fee of $200.00 must be paid in full before June 1st.  If pet owner
does not pay the pet fee, eviction of pet as well as home will be served.

               ...the contract continues...
Notice that this is applied to everyone who OWNS THEIR OWN HOME, but is only
renting the lot.  This also applies to EVERYTHING OTHER THAN FISH...
hamsters, gerbils, mice, etc, etc, etc.-

I don't want to give up one of my sweet little fuzzbutts.  I can't afford to
pay $400 to keep the other two.  My fuzzies very rarely ever go outside, and
most people don't even know we have them, but the park owners do, so we
can't hide them.  I'm frantic!  Are there legal implications here?  could we
somehow Grandfather clause it or something?????  We've lived here with our
fuzzies almost 3 years!  Please send as much advise as possible...I feel
like I'm living in CACA land!!!  You can email me directly at

                  Thank You,
                  Sara Murray