From:
furpeopleweyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:52:19 -0800
I recently switched from the brand of Melatonin I have used for years to
Natrol.  I did not change doses (.75mg daily), just brands.  By the end
of the first week of giving it, I noticed loose stools in some of the
ferrets.  Not putting the two and two together, I continued for another
2 or 3 days.  When the stools continued to worsen a little every day, I
got suspicious.  I quit adding the melatonin to their soup and in 48
hours the symptoms lessened.  We stopped using it, but too late I fear.
In less than a month from the time I started the Natrol, I have lost
two ferrets from internal bleeding, a week apart.  Neither of these
People had gastro-intestinal symptoms prior to this.  I don't believe
in coincidence.  I have contacted the company requesting a list of
ingredients and processing information.  If I get it and our vet and I
are able to learn anything definitive, I will pass it on.  Meanwhile,
please, don't use this brand of supplements for anything.

Van and Ty, Momma loves you.