Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:34:15 -0500
>I hope "ferret girl" and Brenda that your in a private rental and not in
>a college dorm where you would be irresponsible by having pets where they
>are Not allowed.  It's either your a responsible person or not.

To extend the example, are ferret owners in California or New York City
hence "irresponsible" for having ferrets where they are "Not allowed"?

While I don't believe that pets should be kept in dorms against the rules,
I worry that the finality of your statement may unfairly condemn ferret
freedom fighters in FFZs.

>Which colleges do you attend that allow "responsible" students to have
>animals in the dorms?

There are some dorms which allow pets --- some officially, some
unofficially.  As an aside to that, not all college housing consists of
dorms.  Some colleges have university-controlled apartments and
manufactured homes that allow pets.  Co-op houses often have rules set by
residents, and will allow animals.  I was considering a grad school in
Canada that would've allowed me to keep my ferret in university-controlled
housing.

Speaking of housing, I renovated Dervish's cage this weekend.  I took out
the ladder to the second level (she had never used it and it took up space)
and put in shiny new linoleum flooring!  I also made the switch to a
triangular corner litter pan, and she seems to be handling it pretty well.
I haven't found new carpet for the upper level yet, but I'm working on it.
Dervish wants purple.  It's really hard to find good purple carpet.

Now, someone tell me exactly how high a water bottle should hang.  I had it
high, but Dervish bumped her nose on it.  I lowered it, and she seems to
bend her neck to drink.  Is there a general guideline (i.e. shoulder-high,
eye-level, etc)?

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret