Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:42:20 EDT
I need to find a good home for my babies.  I have two ferrets Minerva -
a Marshall Farms 5 or 6 yr old girl - and Frumpstiggle a Marshall Farms 4
or 5 yr old girl.  I used to post on this list about them.  You can read
the stories in the archives.

We live in Aurora, Colorado and will transport the girls to you if you
are local.  I would prefer that they go to a local home so I can meet the
person face to face who will be taking in my girls.  I will provide their
4 ft X 2 1/2 ft cage w/ 5 levels and 3 tubes.  Also their 3 hammocks,
water bowls and food dish.

They have been fed a mix of Iams kitten and Totally ferret all their
lives.  Minerva is very partial to craisins and chicken as treats.
Frumpstiggle loves dried apricots and the peanut butter flavored ferret
treats.  They have never been seperated and need to stay together.  I
think they would do well in a home of other ferrets.  Minerva does not
like cats.  They have been fine with all other types of animals and
children - even babies.  Minerva likes to play with Barbie dolls and run
around with a cup on her head.  Frumpstiggle loves tummy scratches and
things that squeek.

I know there are many on the list that critisize when they see these
posts.  And they want to know the reason.  I never thought I would lose my
girls this way but it is the right thing to do.  I have started to have
some health problems and my family just plain doesn't seem to care about
the girls.  I can't provide, by myself, the level of care they need any
more.  They don't get out of the cage very often anymore.  They don't get
played with as much as they should.  The cage doesn't get cleaned nearly
often enough.  They deserve a better home than what they have with me.  I
love my girls and I want a better life for them.

I don't subscribe any more so you have to email me directly at