From:
jennifer robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:41:45 -0700
First, I'd like to thank everyone who responded about the Lil Nibbler,
the 10-month old ferret who was surrendered to Ferret Dreams in
Colorado. You gals and guys on this list are the greatest - I knew I'd
get replies, but I've received far too many to be able to respond with
personal letters!!!

GREAT NEWS from th vet!!! Nibbler...here's a quick email I received
from Mathew at Ferret Dreams:

(Our vet) says there is some sort of nerve damage but nothing broken.
She does have feeling in her hind legs and hopes that with therapy she
can start to gain strength and movement. He also doesn't think the
"cart" would be beneficial. He thinks that making her use her legs will
make her better. We'll evaluate that as we go along. She is an angel.
Thanks again and I will update the website soon.

WoooHooo!!!!!! We're doing the happy dance in Colorado!!!!

But we're keeping the cart info. Accident do happen, and the info could
be neede at another time - let's hope not.

ANyway, I'm unfortunately too far away from Ferret Dreams to help out,
but Mathew and Lee will do a wonderful job with the Nibbler who still
has a long and rough recovery ahead of her. Plus,the volunteers spend a
lot of time enriching the residents at Ferret Dreams - this way, they
do better mentally and physically , which makes them easier to place in
good homes.

mathews will be updating Nibbler's status on the ferret Dreams website
for those who want to follow her progress. http://www.ferretdreams.org/
Mathew and Lee try to update the website weekly - they're pretty
diligent about doing this!

Once again, many thanks to all who sent good thoughts and ferret
prayers, to who responded via email, and to those who contacted Ferret
Dreams. We really appreciate the the outpouring of support from the
ferret community.

With Best Regards,
-jennifer, Mathew, Lee, and Lil Nibbler