Date:
Sat, 17 May 2014 17:52:21 -0400
About 6 months ago, my precious Xena (adopted less than 2 years ago)
was diagnosed with insulinoma. She was put on prednisolone and
currently her BG is 120, great! However, she's had bowel problems since
I've had her with episodic diarrhea, very smelly. Though her BG is now
good, she still isn't as active or strong as she once was. The vet said
she had a mass in her abdomen and recommended an ultrasound, which I
will do ASAP.

Does anyone know what this problem could be? Is it an intestinal tumor?

Xena has a deslorelin implant for adrenal prevention. No signs of
adrenal disease.

Just before rescuing my current 2 ferrets, I experienced a very tragic
death of both of my previous rescues in and was told that my current
ferrets were 17 months old (in July 2012). In actuality, they were more
like 4 yrs, making them nearly 6 yrs. now. I desperately needed a break
from the tragedy and heartache of illness and death. I know many of you
face this every day, but I am not that experienced. These are only my
4th & 5th ferrets in 13 yrs and I will likely not be able to get more
ferrets in the future, much as I love them.

Any help/support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shron