From:
amanda siemens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:50:37 -0500
Everyone who knows me on here knows how much I want to get my fuzzies.  I
could have them right now but I don't because I want to make sure I have
evrything they could ever need or want first.  I posted a rather personal
message a few days ago about the possibility of me being pregnant.  I was
very upset because we could not afford to get ferrets if we had another
baby.  I was very upset and was looking for maybe a little encouragement.
You know like 'oh, it wont be forever, you'll still get them someday' or
something like that.  A lot of people come on here for ferret related
comforting.  But what did I get when I opened my email?  People telling
me it's my fault, I must not be taking birth control, and acosting me of
being an irresponcable person and ferret mom.  I am shocked to say the
least.  Sad that people keep jumping in with critisism without even
knowing what they are critisising!  No I am not on birth control, wanna
know why?  Because I have had severe reactions to every kind of birth
control!  I've even bee n hospitalized because of some of them!  And just
because vet's will sterilize as soon as possible, doesn't mean human
doctors do.  My husband is 23 and not many doctors will streilize that
young even though we do NOT want anymore kids and I medically cannot use
conventional birth control.  We were not even going to get the ferrets
before we found a doc who would do the procedure, I never mentioned that
here because I never dreamed I would have to!  I can not believe that
people will stoop to attacking someone elses pain!

A heartfelt thankyou to those who DID send words of encouragement!

"Deal not in the ways of the dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good
 with ketchup." -Unknown Author-

http://www.homestead.com/revelationstoday/rev1.html

[Moderator's note: If you feel comfortable forwarding some of those to me
please do -- someone seems to have too much time to waste!  BIG]