From:
"Sheri M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 01:58:37 -0600
Hi all--

LOL Lori in Japan!  My boyfriend thought I was nuts when I made *him* feel
the penis bone last week too!  Ahh, ferret people . . . what's there to be
done?

Mo' Bob--glad you're feeling okay!  Keep up the glass collection!  LOL.
Well, not *really* that funny, in light of how terrifying it must have been
to be awakened in such a cruel, heartless manner.  I was *awake* for my Dec
car accident and *still* almost wet myself.

People have been talking about ferrets running to the bathroom when they
hear the shower . . .  My boys do something similar.  They have run of the
living room where we spend the most time, and we have hook locks on the
bedroom doors.  Well . . . Pepper and Mort KNOW the sound of those hooks
un-hooking--a jingly sound, and they come RUNNING.  And always to the
correct door.  I thought for awhile that Pepper was deaf, but he was just
ignoring me, because not only does he run for the (usually) closed doors,
but he comes to me when I call his name, too!  I think he didn't come for a
long time because I got him "second hand" and changed his name so he was a
bit confused for a few weeks.

Part of the thing with the hook locks is that they have been allowed to play
in those rooms.  But not often.  I figure it this way: In the living room
they have an 80% litter box hit rate.  The two bedrooms are connected via
the closet between them, so that's . . . 12 more corners to poop in.  NO
WAY!  Too darn many, I think.  It's not playing in those rooms that gives me
a twinge, it's the thought of them curling up in the sleeping bags in the
closet and later heading for the first corner they see, and me not finding
the piles for A LONG TIME.  Like when we finally move out and want our
deposit money back!

So anyway, whenever we can't find the boys, we just jingle the hook locks
and they come running, or stumbling as the case may be if they've been
asleep inside the couch!

One more silly: I brought Mort with me to the Spur station at the corner the
other night because he wouldn't let me leave w/o him.  A guy who works there
has female ferrets at home and was holding Mort while I wrote out a check.
And the guy said, "Wow, is he ever heavy!  I can't believe how heavy he is.
I thought females were bigger than males." I stared at him, speechless for a
few minutes, not because he was misinformed, but because Mort is my
SKINNY-BUTT--Pepper outweighs him by a couple of pounds, at least.  Now I
can hardly wait for Pepper to be awake at an oppotune moment so I can bring
HIM to the store and show off how huge he is!  <grin>

--Sheri and SO Dave
--Pepper (Mama's fat boy, formerly known as 'Whitey') "C'mon mom, I want to
  go in the bedroom and wake up Daddy--he's sleeping much too peacefully!"
--Mort (Mama's skinny-butt, formerly known as 'no name male MF fert') "Hey
  mom, did you notice that I've got impure genes?  Yup, got a little bit-o
  flying squirrel blood in me viens--watch!  Betcha I can get 4 feet of
  air-time if I spread all my legs out at just the right moment!  Ha-Ha-Ha,
  no coffee table is safe in THIS room!"