From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 09:28:28 -0800
Once again laundry day rolls around and as ferret owners everywhere will
probably agree, I seemed to be washing more clothes and towels for my
ferrets than I am washing clothes for myself :-)

Unfortunately, I seem to have a problem which I'm sure has to be very
common among ferret owners... my clothes have ferretone stains on them.
I've noticed the oily stains before and sort of shrugged them off, however
now I've taken inventory and find that a large percentage of my clothes
have at least 1 stain on them.  My question is how do I remove ferretone
from clothes?  If it makes a difference, the ferretone has been cut with
olive oil and most of the affected shirts are made of cotton.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm visiting parents over
Christmas and my mother already has rather biased views on ferrets, I would
rather not give her another excuse (my clothes) to belittle my absolute
devotion to my kids (not that I pay attention to her anyway when it comes
to ferrets).

Thanks in advance
Paige, Thunder, Hershey, Cosmo and Ghost

ps. I had to sit down for a couple minutes to figure out why I had ruined
so many clothes with ferretone and I finally came up with the cause...
ferretone on the belly is an amazing trick for clipping nails, however once
in a while a ferret decides to give you a kiss after its manicure (and wipe
its belly off on your shirt).  Between my crew and kids at the shelter I
average trimming 30 ferrets' feet every week or so.  Now for a different
type of ferret math... 30 ferrets = 120 paws = 600 nails.  Having a couple
shirts stained each week does not seem to bad when you consider 600 nails
are happy and healthy.  However, I am quickly running out of shirts!!!