From:
Tyler Nicholas Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:39:45 EST
To respond to MC......

I Think that having ferrets play with a live animal, Is the Most HORRIBLE
DISGUSTING AND VILE thing that I have EVER heard.  Our ferrets are raised
to be our loving companions.  NOT KILLERS.  And your little food for
thought......I live In a home with 4 Dogs, 3 cats, 12 ferrets, 1 bird, 1
gerbil, and 1 rabbit.  Our dogs DO NOT kill.... Our cats are not allowed
outside except for our screened in porch.  The ferrets are fed Kibble
which is what they are meant to eat.  They occasionally eat chicken
meat....cooked.... But I would NEVER in a Million freakin years offer a
live...Defenseless mouse to them for STIMULATION... Take them outside
and let them smell the fresh air, explore the dirt and grass.....

Most ferrets that kill and don't eat their "kill" do so because they have
no idea why their "toy" that they were playing with just 2 minutes ago
is now laying still......prey NO.....Cruelty YES.  I do not believe that
animals have been put here for us to bludgeon to death and eat.  I have
been a dedicated vegetarian for quite some time now and it is one of the
best decisions I have ever made.

As for cats being mousers.....WRONG..... Cats decimate many species of
birds....mammals......reptiles and other animals.  I am completely and
totally opposed to feeding mice to ferrets.  It's appalling and
disgusting!  And as for how mice are killed, even I am not sure of that.
I'm not even for feeding dead mice however if that is the route that
some choose it sure beats the hell out of a live animal!!!!!!!

Tyler Mills