From:
melanie mullins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:50:51 EDT
Greetings all, I have some very good news to tell.  On Wednesday night my
husband and I received a call from my brother-in law, Mike, telling us about
a cage for sale and a ferret that is being given away free with the cage.
My husband, Mark, call the lady and we went down that night and got the cage
and ferret.  The cage is going to Mike and we were keeping the ferret.

Well I am glad to say that if we haven't who know what would happened to
Klyde.  Klyde original own left him in the care of this women who know
nothing about ferrets and then as far as she can tell let the state.  She
didn't like his smell so she would not allow her kids to play with him and
she had the clumpable litter and feed him a low fat cat food.  One tooth was
broken and he was sleeping next to his littler box.  The towels that he was
sleeping on smelled of piss and this was also next to his food dish.  He
could of been litter box trained but he is no longer.

We finally got home about midnight.  Thursday we took Klyde into the Vet's
and he turned out be very healthy considering he only weights 1.6 pounds.
He had not been to the vet for over a year that the lady had him for and he
is estimated to be about 3.  Well we got him all caught up on his shots and
got some heartworm pills and all we have to do is put is meat on his bones.
This is our first rescue and I am happy to report all when well.  Klyde is
doing fine with our other ferret Saleena Moor.  I just wanted to let people
know that some rescues come out good which we should keep in mind when one
of them doesn't.  There are so many out there that still need our help.

Melanie and Mark Mullins owned my Saleena Moor and the newest member to our
family Klyde.