From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:14:58 +1000
I'd like to share with you what the FML has done for my ferrets:

- When I first got you Tabitha, you slept in a small cage on my floor.
- You had no blankets or playtoys.
- You only had one source of water and when you knocked that over,
  that was it.
- Your Mummy didn't know how hot it would get inside your fur coat.
- She didn't know that you needed more than one sort of kibble.
- She didn't know that you needed attention every day for a couple of
  hours.
- She didn't know how to train you not to bite.
- She didn't know that your nose was fragile and shouldn't be tapped,
  even lightly.
- She didn't know how to treat you for fleas.
- She didn't know that you needed vaccinations.
- She didn't know that you needed a bigger cage with some "dark" areas
  to feel safe and secure in.
- She didn't know how to clip your nails.
- She didn't know how to stop the bleeding if she did it wrong.
- She didn't know how to clean your ears.
- She didn't know you could get furballs or how to treat them.
- She didn't know that you really shouldn't be anywhere near the
  aquarium.  Not to mention the window without the screen.
- She didn't know that you'd demonstrate your ability to climb vertical
  surfaces.
- She didn't know how determined you'd be to escape.
- She didn't know how much you loved to dig in the dirt.
- She didn't know how much you loved to dig in the rice box.
- She didn't know you needed a friend apart from her.
- She didn't know how many other crazy ferret lovers there were in
  this world, even if there weren't any near her.
- She didn't know how much you'd enrich her life.
- She didn't know how much she'd need you.
- She didn't know how much she'd miss you when she wasn't around you.
- She didn't know how she'd long to go home from work to play with you.
- She didn't know that her friends would think she was crazy.
- She didn't know that you'd both become her children.

And finally,
She didn't know that she'd lose her heart to you.

Now she knows, because of the FML.

Georgina, in Australia, with Tabitha and Endora