Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:49:18 -0500
Had to share this with you all, and see if your guys have such great
memories.

I moved my ferrets into a "ferret room" all their own about 2 months
back.  Unfortunately Milly's favorite squeaky toy was lost in the
process.  I turned the place upside down trying to find it, but no luck.
I gave up and forgot about it.  Yesterday my daughter handed it to me, no
explanation as to where it had been all this time, just "here's Milly's
baby".  I never thought that she'd remember it, but sure enough when I
squeaked the toy, she bolted from her hidey hole and flew to me.  Not so
surprising since she was taught from kithood to come to the toy right?
The amazing thing was, both my boys came too!  I had just started
teaching them to come to the toy when it disappeared.  We had only worked
with it a day or two.  I couldn't believe it, they remembered!  It was a
ferret stampede.  I thought it was a fluke and the boys just wanted to
see what the noise was, but I tried it again this morning, again, ferret
stampede.  Do most ferrets have this great of a memory?  Hmmm, can we
bottle it and drink it as a supplement?  I can't remember not only what I
had for breakfast, but whether I ate breakfast at all. ;D

Shelley, Kiki the sleepy, Brownie (aqua Bubba), Milly the thief, and
Little Bit at the bridge.