From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:55:40 -0400
Bob Jarmain was sentenced yesterday.  It didn't turn out as well as we were
hoping, but better than nothing.

Bob is now banned from owning any animals for 2 years, which, considering
he is 82, could be the rest of his life.  Lara T tells me that he has 30
days to get rid of all the animals on his property and then the Humane
Society can come and take the rest.  He has no ferrets currently.

The London Humane Society tried for a ban for 5 years, but under the
Canadian Criminal Code, 2 years is the maximum.

Currently, our Minister of Justice is hearing arguments on making the
C.C.C.  tougher for animal offenders.  Hopefully, this will come about
soon.  If you would like to show your support for this, please go here
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick/form.html

Thank you to all of you who wrote into the London court in support of
Snowy.  It means a lot to me and to Snowy too.

This is good news. I think :o)

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter by clicking here.