From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:28:14 -0400
If it is just one side it still may be lymphoma but is more likely to
be an infection. Think about when people gets mumps on one side, how
the nodes on one side enflame, or when a person gets an injury on one
side that gets infected and the same thing happens.

So, your vet may choose to at first try at least ten days of a strong
broad-spectrum antibiotic like Clavamox to see what happens since
infection can also blow up nodes.

I'm not sure that the strain of travel is the best choice at this point
if you have to option of one of the vet techs at the hospital coming
over to check the ferret, take care, and get in meds, so hopefully that
option exists. We love hiring vet techs as pet sitters. It works
wonderfully well.

To learn more about lymphoma see the FHL Archives (URL in my sig lines)
and read
<http://www.afip.org/consultation/vetpath/ferrets/PDF/Lymphoma_Ferrets.pdf>

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: