Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:38:25 -0500
>I too wonder about personality changes with implants/shots. Our
>Harriet did fine on Lupron but now with her Melatonin implant she has
>become a little more aggressive to the other ferrets. I hope this is
>only temporary.

That's probably because the melatonin alone is not enough to
effectively treat her adrenal disease. Lupron on its own is generally
more effective, so by substituting melatonin for Lupron, you've
basically decreased her treatment. The best option would be to give her
BOTH on a regular basis. They work best in conjunction with each other.
And even better than that would be a Deslorelin implant and melatonin
implant on a regular basis.

Here's a link to an article that gives the basics on medical treatment
for adrenal disease, as well as symptoms to look for and other
important information.

http://www.ferret-fact.org/AdrenaTreatments.htm

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl, Dozer, Possum,
Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and
Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, and Zoomer