From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:09:43 -0400
I was just curious about something.  Does anyone know of any ferret
shows that take place within a reasonable driving distance of upstate SC?
I went to one in NC once and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was hosted by a
local ferret shelter that no longer exists from what I can tell, or at
least is no longer online.  Reasonable driving distance to me would be
NC or GA.  Does anyone know of any?

I must have missed the original post about ferrets learning words, but I
am curious about what I missed if anyone would care to enlighten me.  My
babies all seem to know their names and will even come to me if I call
them over, (even though ferrets aren't "supposed" to do that).  One of my
babies likes to play fetch and will even bring the toys back to have them
thrown over and over again.  Last night he about wore my husband out.
Some of our friends seem to think that this particular ferret knows the
meaning of the word "kitchen".  If he doesn't hear the toy hit the floor,
he sometimes doesn't realize you've thrown the toy; but if you tell him
it's in the kitchen, he will run to the kitchen to see.  I hadn't even
noticed that until some friends pointed it out to me.  So I do believe
they can pick up the meaning of some words here and there, but I wouldn't
have a clue how extensive that ability would be.  Interesting though.

Holly,
Tigger & Pooh