From:
"Deb Della Selva ext:284" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 1994 14:59:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hi group,

I was wondering if there were any vets in MA that take care of ferrets?  A
friend of mine was wondering, but can't move to New Hampshire!
Thanks,
We just got a little silver girl, she is as grey/silver as metal with white
bib,paws and the end of her tail.  She came home Monday night and met our
2 year old light sable, Paul.
Paul didn't know what she was and just sniffed her (then looked at me, then
sniffed again).  She took one look at Paul and fell in LOVE!  She started to
make that soft little beeping noise, scampered over to his shoulder and
sniggled her head into his arm.  He was alarmed at that, until I spoke to him
(he won't leave the room if you'er speaking to him).  He stared at me, then
stared at her.  I don't think he knows what she is.  She thinks he is just the
greatest thing though, so I'm not too worried about them getting along.
Now he'll have a little friend for company (my husband and I both work).  I was
afraid if I got another ferret, the new ferret would be aggressive.  Paul is
VERY peaceful so a "wild and wooly" critter would intimidate him.
This is the ferret who's nuts over people. He'll breakout of almost anything
to meet a new person.  I hope she grows up to be as friendly.
She doesn't have a name yet, I like Amanda...but I've always liked that name.
Ferret kisses to all!
Deb, Mike, Paul ("Mom, she's touching me again") and ??? ("I love you Paul")