From:
Kurt Springs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:58:06 -0400
Hi folks,

I've been lurking for a while and just wanted to give some advice on
flaming.

I know people can get pretty passionate about somethings, but we should
watch what we say in responce to what people in their ignorance, or
desperation post.  We want to encourage people to post, rather than try
some of these things blindly on their own.  We don't want people to be
afraid to bounce there thoughts off us before putting them into practice.
If they are good ideas, others can benifit, if not, we can supply alternate
ideas, or modify existing ones.

Passion is a good thing, but we don't want to discourage people from
posting.  So you may want to stop and think about how you word things
before posting.  In the long run, it may prevent more disasters than
turning on the ol' flame jets.  We all love our fuzies, so we want to give
and recieve input on ideas, and have the pit falls of some ideas pointed
out to us.

Until next time.