Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:54:46 -0500
I'm not trying to argue and start any type of argument, but I'm going to
add 8 cents into this, to add to the 2 cents that another person threw
in.  I think Bob is a very smart person who is trying to prove his case,
but is going about it the wrong way.  Almost all the time, researches do
not tell any one about their case, until it is all concluded.  Then it's
time to bring it out for others to see.  I'm a college student and I too
do research.  Currently I'm doing research on nitrates, and that is all
I care to say about it.  My case will most likely get shut down, because
I'm not an expert in the field of microbiology.  And I'm wondering about
Bobs experience.

Bob states.....
>I have a single question: what if by some miracle it turns out I am
>right and individual biases and unsupported warnings turn people away
>from a dietary technique that would HELP ferrets?"

- That's the big question you have to ask yourself.."What if?"  What if
your wrong though?  You have all this research you process your
information on, but the background of it all has lots of question to that
my eyebrow shuns up to.  It's seems like it's just "you" manipulating the
hard work of other researchers, and taking their work for credit.  Your
probably getting lots of hate mail because the members of FML (from my
knowledge) are smart enough to take care of their ferrets like they have
been.  They've probably been raising, caring for, and loving their ferret
the way that they feel is appropriate.

As you also stated..
>If people REALLY CARED about ferrets, I mean really, honestly cared,
>when why don't they listen to the argument BEFORE they start shooting
>it down?"

- Does that mean if I'm too lazy to counteract an argument from you, that
you win your case of DR?  Or are you just mad that some of "us" don't
agree with what you are stating?  If you supply me with your credential's
on your studies and "your" research (not others), then I might be able to
say, "Hey, this guy might be onto something."

I'm defiantly going to get some angry people on those responses, but I
just felt I needed to state what I feel.  I did a research on dogs and
people with lymphomia, and the research went on(to complex to explain).
But, I did take some work of other researchers, and quoted them, and
boy did my case get shut down.  If your trying to build up a case, do it
yourself.  Just a word of advice to make your research more crediable and
believeable.

If I get anyone emailing hate mail to me, I'll just erase it.