Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 03:14:16 -0500
>When I moved out of my home, yes, the ferrets will still there. I
>would go there when I knew my husband was not home to take care of
>them. I would play with them, feed them, clean thier cages, etc. I
>was afraid to be there alone with him so on the weekends, when he
>had the day's off, I wouldn't go.

So, you left your ferrets with someone who you say is abusive. And with
someone you say wouldn't take care of them. Then you ask what would we
do?

Well, first off, I wouldn't have left them in a place I knew they
wouldn't be taken care of. If you had such a good relationship with a
shelter, and you knew that leaving them in your former home would mean
they wouldn't be taken care of, THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THEM TO THE
SHELTER?

Bottom line is, you left them with someone who couldn't take care of
them. He then did the responsible thing and turned them over to someone
who would take care of them.

Sorry, you don't have any sympathy from me. I went through a divorce,
and my animals are included in the divorce settlement. They are all
listed out as to who would take care of them. That got decided even
before the rest of the divorce was decided.

They are too important to abandon to a place you say they won't be
taken care of. That was a lousy decision. You have to live with it.

Margie