From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 15:12:34 -0400
        Media and ferrets.  Several people think this could backfire on
us, and the opposition may get the upperhand.  This could be true if we
went in with no facts or data.  I've only been involved with ferret
politics for 2.5 years.  I'm a novice, but I've never been in an argument
about ferrets that I didn't have my facts strait.  I can't say I've changed
to many closed minded people, but at least I made them think.

        If we send in Joe Shmoe from East Overshoot USA with an IQ of 10.
We may get hert.  On the other hand if we sent in Chris, Dr Williams ,
Dr Brown or any one else.  With out true facts and data we could get hert as
well.  I do not fore see this happening.  Only a fool starts a fight that
he/she could never win.  We are not fools, and we're not reaching for the
impossible dream.

        We have quite a few people out there that have worked and been around
ferrets longer than I even knew ferrets were domestic. Unfortunately the fist
Domestic ferrets I saw I thought they were blackfooted ferrets.  I thought
the same way alot of people think.  Wouldn't they be better off in the wild.
If I had the money at the time I may have killed them with good intentions,
or should I say ignorance.  Buy them and set them free.  We are fighting
this mentality as well.

        Sorry I'm going off so much here I almost forgot what I wanted to
say.  I feel we can only gain ground not lose it.  We are also doing this to
help the McDowell family and similar families in the future.  You never know
you or I could be the next victom of a harmless ferret nipping a stranger.

        Take care.

        Brad, Sebastian, and Mako.