From:
Vanessa Herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:10:19 -0600
When Squirt was still an "only" ferret, I used to put his harness on him,
and then just attach it to the done up lapbelt of my pickup.  (harness
couplers work really good here.)  He only had limited movement across the
seat, not enough leash to hit the floor with, and he mainly just laid with
his head on my lap, which is unusual enough for such a hyper little guy!
I found this the safest way to travel SHORT distances (1 hour or less)
with him, next to a kennel which is fool proof!  I would be a lil leary of
letting him roam loose-too afraid I would have to brake quickly and find
him under the brake pedal!  Anyways, just thought I'd mention it in case
anyone wanted to let their ferrets loose, but not "all the way".

Just a sidenote- I find my weasels just in their kennel to be a big
distraction- I'll be watching Kita gently lick Squirt's ear, or them cuddle
up-Whoops, sorry officer, nope I'm not drunk, just observing my ferrets!
LOL!  It would probably help if I had a backseat they could go in!!!!!

Vanessa, Squirt, and Kita