Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:27:40 -0700
Bruce Voorhees wrote:
>Ozone is used in other applications but not "air cleaning" in a home
>setting.

Years ago, my mom had severe allergies to air born pollen, to the point,
she couldn't sleep.  She bought an ozone generator for her room and it made
all the difference in the world.  She was able to sleep through the night.
Now...My mom also raised German shepherds and like us ferret folk, she had
her favorite, who got to stay in the house with her.  Needless to say, the
house smelled of .....dog.... Well...not in Mom's bedroom!  That ozone
generator completely killed the smell of 'dog' from the room,.

In the years since, I have seen people buy ozone generators to kill the
ferret smell from the ferret room.  Even those with hobs..big, stinky,
sliming, hobs!  And you know what....not one ferret smell exists..
none...zippo!

So.  Anecdotal evidence says that, if nothing else, an ozone generator will
reduce air born pollen.  (In all fairness, today's micro air scrubbers will
probably do the same thing!) My nose tells me that ozone generators do a
great job at making a ferret's room clean smelling, even under the most
obnoxious ferrety conditions.

I can't speak to the health hazards of ozone produced by these machines...I
really doubt it is really all that great...most hospitals have them in each
of the rooms.  (Or used to) I sure do recommend them to ferret owners
wishing to reduce ferret odors though.  They are great, albeit expensive!

For our ferrets

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)