From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 11:46:54 -0400
Pam Grant wrote:
>I discount early spay/neuter because I have never seen a Path Valley ferret
>with adrenal problems, and they alter at 6 weeks of age like MF.

Potpie, my Path Valley ferret, has had odd suspicious symptoms for the past
year or so that a few vets have remarked look like adrenal cancer, but she's
remained in constant and good health for that time.  However, she also had a
nasty bout with ECE and is 3.5 yrs old, so i'm keeping a close eye on
everything.  She goes back in for a blood panel this August with Friday, a
MF ferret who had an adrenal removed at 1.5 yr and who will also be getting
bloodwork done - eeech!  expensive!  Anyway, hopefully Potpie won't be your
first Path Valley statistic, Pam.

Rolling-over update: Noodle continues to look excited about the prospect of
getting treats for letting me roll him over.  Sigh.  Started rolling him
halfway over and about 30% of the time he finishes, which is a good sign,
but that little expectant look of his is sooo cute still..  Potpie, on the
other hand, is picking the trick right up - all i have to do is gently push
her flat and nudge her one way and she rolls right over.  This, after two
lessons.  Dorks :)

Melissa, Potpie, Friday, Noodle

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"