From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 14:52:03 -0400
To those of you who got up early to watch it, or spent the night
trying to figure out how to program your VCR to tape it, I'm sorry.
For the rest of you, here's a summary of the show:
   "Feed Your Mind" is a live-action kids' show on TBS. This morning's
program was on pet care. The TV listing gave more weight to "unusual"
pets than was actually in the show. Ferrets got only fifteen seconds,
all positive. Briefly (too late for that, BIG mutters): the Smart Kid
character ponders getting a pet that would reflect his "unique
personality". He gets beaned by a ball being thrown to a dog (see!
dogs are more dangerous). The owner (identified as an "animal lover")
takes advantage of his dazed state to show him some of her "unusual"
pets. First, they see her two sable ferrets, which he calls "Mustela
nigripes" (got hit too hard by that ball, I guess). She had them both
on harness and leash. Adorable. She said they made "really good pets",
that they were "curious, gentle, affectionate, and get into
everything." After seeing the rest of her pets (iguana, macaw, etc),
he resolves to study more about their care before deciding on a pet.
Good boy!
  Peace, Lee