Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 00:06:30 -0500
Have I always managed to write civilly or clearly?  Nope.  In fact, several
people here can tell you that rather strongly and pointedly.  Have I always
managed to read clearly?  Again, nope, and ditto the references.  Nor have I
always been read clearly (and I won't say by whom because that is water
under the bridge).  No one can do it all the time.  What is important is
that we TRY a damn sight HARDER to be considerate and to re-read posts which
upset us, and carefully tackle our replies because of the volume of
participants.

Sukie - I have to agree with you 150% here.  I've been "misread" (the "Hunh?
I didn't mean that..." syndrome) often enough myself that I've learned to be
very careful of how I read others, or reply to what can be a ticklish
subject.  Doesn't mean I've forgotten the taste of shoe leather, though
<G>..... As a result, I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt (my
husband despairs of me sometimes) in many situations/forums until slapped in
the face with proof otherwise.

On to ferret-related business....
The March meeting of The Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club will be this
Saturday, the 15th, at 2pm.  We'll meet at Westside Christian Church, 416
Clayton Rd, in El Paso TX - anyone needing directions how to get there
please email me.  Healthy, non-ECE-exposed ferrets welcome, with proof of
current CDV and Rabies vaccinations.  I'm planning on taking a couple of
adoptable shelter kids with me.

Limericks etc.-
I wrote these at the beginning of the "contest" but didn't get them
posted....

Yes, Turlough's addicted to Pizza -
He goes wild on his four dancing feetza!
He'll do any trick
To get even a lick
Of the crust of his favorite treatza!

To Party, the Dog was great-hearted --
He played 'til his senses departed!
The ferrets cried, "Spuds?
Aw, rats.  Fuddy-duds!
He's passed out, and we're just getting started!"

Bumper Sticker - "My Other Car Is A Pet-Taxi"

And the 5-line Limerick my husband liked:

To think, I'm no longer inclined
Since the ferrets ran off with my mind....

Carla S.
WhyNot? Ferrets
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club