From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1993 08:45:12 -0500
Please pass to Ms. Nancy Hartman for immediate release to all networks
and pet forums.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
We were AWESOME  - WE KNOCKED THEIR SOCKS OFF AT THE ANIMAL CARE EXPO 93"
I just returned from perhaps the greatest week of my life.  The interaction
of the Ferret Friends of Indian River County and the Humane Societies
from all over the U.S., not to mention the Wildlife people and the
SPCA was tremendous.  With the exception of the Humane Society we had
the largest exhibit contingent - By the time we left Orlando everyone
who attended the EXPO was talking about the FERRET PEOPLE and they
were making positive comments.  I want all of you to know that due to
our non-political, factual, informative information there will hundreds
prehaps thousands of ferret lives saved.  Just to mention a few - we made
contact with at least one person (in most cases 5 to 10 people) from each
state where ferrets are illegal - and these people agreed that they would
insure that their people got copies of the shelter listing and would
do their upmost to contact ferret shelters in their states when a ferret
came in to them and they would release said ferrets to a ferret shelter
So all those in the "forbidden" states - and states next door to them
GET READY - IF YOU ARE NOT HOME DURING THE DAY LEAVE YOUR ANSWERING
MACHINES ON - YOU WILL BE CALLED.  I must close now must unpack tables
and return them and return the rental car and unpack.  Every ferret
owner everywhere should be proud as peacocks of those who "manned" our
booth.  (see next message)