From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:37:13 -0500
Hi there.  Recently, I moved from a place where my ferrets roamed free in
my room, to a small apartment where they can be underfoot (literally) all
the time.  Now, everytime I eat, somebody has to check me out, and though
they usually turn up their noses at my meals, sometmes they do want things
they didn't used to have.  It was so adorable to see them beg for fruit and
popcorn that I had to give in at first, just in teeny bits, just to make
them happy (you know how it is).  But I had a sudden run (so to speak) of
ferrets with either a little vomiting, or a little diarrea, and I wasn;t
sure what was the cause, so I cut off all treats and gave them only their
food, some raisins, and some Petromalt, and double-checked my
ferret-proofing to make sure I hadn't slipped up.  Now everyone's stomach
seems to have calmed down, and I am wondering about introducing treats
again.  This time, I thought I would ask: is there anything that I
definately *should not* give them?  I know that they can;t have too much
sweets, so I only would give them teeny bits of anything I did give them.
Should fruit be okay?  Lexie loves fruit, but I know it may be too sweet,
and she loves all dairy products.  Anastasia loves animal crackers - is
that type of thing okay for ferrets?  She hates all other treats but
raisins, so it's nice to be able to give her a little change.

Anyway, I guess i am looking for prohibitions and advice on what *not* to
do.  Please email me or post, and we will anxiously await your opinions...:)

Megan and the Greedy Three:
Anastasia ("It's okay, I'd be happy with some more raisins.")
Lexie ("Can I have some of that?  And that?  And that?")
and Sammi ("I think rubber is a tasty treat.")

--
Attention.  This is Lando Callrissean.  The Empire has taken control of my
pants.  I advise everyone to leave before more troops arrive.