From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:44:46 -0500
>From:    Laura
>Subject: bonding/conditioned
>What do y'all think?  Have your ferrets done things that make you feel like
>you're part of the business?

I truly believe that humans can bond with any pet.  I have had many
different types of pets and have bonded with each one of them...must say
the goldfish was iffy! ;-)  Of course since all of my ferts have different
personalities, they bond with me differently.  I too have a fert, Chico,
who tries to drag me off to his hidey hole, unfortunately, we are still
working on his excessive biting problem (he's getting better), so I don't
follow him for very long.  My Pepe' is the mother of the house!  She will
take all of her stuffed animals (her babies) and stash them in her spot
(checking on them every once in a while).  She's tried to put me with all
her "babies".  Spunky will just plain lie flat on her back with her paws
in the air and lay on my feet until I move.  She follows me around like
a puppy...she is a mama's girl (she doesn't get along with the other
ferrets).  When Roo wants to give me some lovin, she will sit at my feet
and look up at me until I pick her up - then when I do, she gives me one
quick lick and wants down after that to play, then she's on her way until
the next time!  Silly little critters!  :-)

Have a great day!
Tracy