From:
Diane Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:30:02 -0500
It is time to plan for Ferret Guardians major Educational/Fund Raising
for 2010. We have 2 Pet Expos coming up.

Charlotte
http://www.charlottepetexpo.com/ May 8th, 2010
and
Hickory
http://www.ghpetexpo.com/ June 5-6th, 2010

The prices for the 10x10 booths total 450.00. The 10x20 would suit our
needs more but can not afford it. My husband is sponsoring the 50%
deposit to hold our space and we just need to raise the remaining. We
have 3 months to raise $125.00 for the Charlotte Expo in May and 4
months to raise $125.00 for Hickory Expo in June. We will be putting
things up for sale during this time as they come available.

We have invited our two awesome vets; Dr Lauren Powers and Dr Mitch
Spindel to attend our booths. We really hope they can attend and bring
their vast knowledge of ferret health to the table and answer
questions.

We would love to have Nancy and Ken Nyren with Fuzzie Connection attend
with us and set up a donation jar to help support all their work with
ferrets.

Volunteers are needed to help with education and man the booths. There
will be donated products for sale and donation jars. Please, if you
can volunteer to help us, send me an email [log in to unmask]
as I am putting together a schedule. I will be there all 3 days from
opening to close but can not leave the booth unattended at any time
during the show. Mother Nature will call and I will have to answer.
Below is a list we need volunteers for. If you can help it is greatly
appreciated.

Diane & Tony Campbell - Set up & tear down, print educational
materials - signs - set up cages - etc.

Diane Campbell - Bring ferrets - man booth - set up looping video on
laptop - set up products, materials, etc.

Volunteers to:

1. Meet & greet adult attendees Q&A
2. Meet & greet child attendees and provide fun educational
   materials/answer questions.
3. Demonstrate proper way to clean ears, trim nails, set up cages (will
   have small & large cages set up for visual), etc.
4. Someone versed with knowledge of "warning signs" of sick ferret and
   causes (i.e. Blockage. check for chewed items, etc.)
5. Sales attendant.
6. Educational materials you can also bring.
7. History educators (with working ferret demonstration)
8. Health issue educators (will have ferrets available with specific
   diseases to demonstrate warning signs.), ear mites, fleas, etc.
9. How to give medications, hand feed, medical kit needs, hydration
   importance/how to check for, etc.
10. Feeding proper diets, food, supplements, gravy, baby food, etc.
11. Socialization, nip training, introducing new ferrets, etc.
12. Someone who can assist with food & drinks for staff at booths.
13. Someone to man video, camera and technical equipment.
14. Someone to take pictures for donation with attendees
15. Everyone willing to offer anything I have not covered or is needed.
16. Solicitors for donations.

If you can bring your knowledge to the table you will be helping
ferrets everywhere by spreading the word. We need you!

You do not need to bring ferrets as we will be providing them unless
you want to. If you want to bring ferrets, please let me know a week
in advance. All have to UTD on vaccines. Rabies must be given at least
30 days in advance prior to show dates. No exceptions to this rule!
Paperwork must accompany ferret at all times. No ferrets admitted
without them.

If you have educational materials, ideas or anything to help promote
the well being of ferrets, please let me know, email a copy to me to
print out or fax to 828-728-7048.

Please help us make 2010 the best year possible for Ferret Guardian
Rescue Haven and educating the general public. Thank you for your
continued support. We can't do it without you.

Diane Campbell
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven
3110 Lewis Austin Ln
Hudson, NC 28638