From:
Dee Vecchione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:19:14 -0400
Well, after viewing all the photos of the MD rescue, I am just stunned.
I attended ferret shows about 5-6 years ago and had met and spoken with
Diana Bachman of Frosty Paws Ferrets at several of them.  Her ferrets
always appeared to be well taken care of and cared for.  I am
dumbfounded.  How can someone that loves ferrets treat them in this way?
How can you clean up a select few and take them to a show, knowing what
horrendous conditions they came from and will return to.  Ferret shows
are supposed to be representative of animals getting the best in care,
if not the best in breeding, are they not?  Is poor care something that's
so easily hidden with a bath, nail trimming and ear cleaning?  It's just
repulsive and those filthy ribbons were revolting.  It's just too sad for
words.

I would sooner give my ferret(s) away than allow them to fester in their
own waste and mouse feces.  It makes me want to vomit.  Shame on you
Diana Bachman.  You are a disgrace to ferret lovers and breeders
everywhere.  God help the ones that you've hidden from the rescue.
You've denied them hope for a new life.

It just goes to show you never know how people really treat their
animals.  I would encourage everyone on this list to take a long hard
look at those pictures.  Then re-evaluate how you care for your ferrets.
Do they have a clean cage, dishes and litter boxes.  Are they given fresh
water and food every day?  Do you let them out for playtime and snuggling
at least once a day?  Is their area well-ventilated and clean, with at
least a little daylight?  Is their bedding clean?  Are their nails
trimmed?  If you've answered "no" to any of these questions, it's time to
buckle down and make some improvements.  If the answer is "no" because
you have too many to care for, then it's time to find new homes for some
of them.  Do what's best for your ferrets, not for you.  Don't be another
Diana Bachman!

Ferrets are only with us for a few short years.  Shouldn't they have the
best care and the cleanest environment that you can give them?  There is
only one correct answer to the question!  YES, YES, and YES!!!!!

I've been owned by ferrets since 1995.  I am down to one little ole man,
now.  Fozzie is almost 7.5 years old with cardio and adrenal.  I spoil
him rotten.  I bought him a pink teddy bear with a red bow and black
eyes, because that's whan an AC told me he wanted.  I never hesitated.
That's how it should be.  You never know how much time you have, until
you suddenly have none.  Love them everyday like it could be their last,
because you just never know.  I've lost six beloved fuzzies in the past
two years.  I speak from experience.

Okay, I'm stepping down from my soapbox now.  Hope that wasn't too
preachy. :o)  Fozzie loved his pink teddy bear, BTW!

I am just back to work after a four month hiatus, but as soon as I can
set a little money aside, I will be sending a check to SOS, ear-marked
for the MD ferret rescue.  I hope that many of you will do the same, even
if it is only $1.00.  Every bit will help.  Just look at those precious,
tortured faces in those photos.  Thanks to Barb, Kim and Animal Control,
they have a new lease on life.  Come on FML!  Let's help to give them a
new start!

Hug your ferrets a little longer today.....and think about them.

Dodie in Ohio