Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:13:05 EDT
I was thinking. People in the area of Lori, have you tried going to
local schools and get some of the kids involved collecting bedding and
materials or even donating their change to go to help Lori. Many people
hasve been discussing getting young kids involved withe ferrets and
rescue work in general and this is just one way. I know when my son was
in 8th grade they had to go out and do something charitable. My son
collected outside a grocery store for the local ASPCA and he donated a
day there to help!. It was an assignment. One they enjoyed doing, too!
Maybe there are teachers around who require something like this and
will suggest it to their students. People who go to schools with their
ferrets to teach kids about them can get the school to allow a penny
collection or something. A lost of the ferrets needs can be made up
and distributed to the students. Good way for them to learn about our
precious furkids!!! Just a thought!