From:
Andrea King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 13:04:23 -0500
On 9/9 I lost my sweet little Joey to cardiomyopathy.  He was a brave boy
and hung on for a month after diagnosed.  He stopped eating his ferret food
and drinking, but he would eat cucumber, watermelon, banana, and Nutri-cal I
offered him 4-5 times a day.  He lost so much weight and was so tired.  I
was able to hold him more in the last month than he would allow in the whole
time since I got him as a kit.  He would have been 3 years old in November.
Now my Gabby is very lonely and I am ready to find another ferret to keep
her company.  I would rather not get a kit.  Gabby is a little bossy I and
think she would do better with an another adult to share her cage, preferably
2-3 years old, and definately healthy.  I don't think I could take the
heartache of nursing and watching another baby die.  I'm in Durham, NC.