From:
Phyllis Elledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:48:40 -0500
Every day I find another reason why I like my ferrets better than I like
most people.

We knew it was time to let our little man Rocky go and had an appointment
with our Vet -- God bless this man!  -- to help him cross.  The poor
little guy was blind, had Insulinoma and was Adrenal.  Needless to say he
had very little fur.

We had him out that morning letting him enjoy a final day in the sunshine.
A man that knows me and knows how I feel about my kids came up and started
talking.  He looked at Rocky and asked me what was wrong with him.  I
explained his condition to the man but before I could tell him that this
was my little man's last day before he crossed to the bridge he popped of
with "Why don't you just get rid of him?"  I was so stunned and upset I
couldn't respond.  My hubby took him aside and explained what was going
on.  He never apologized or anything.  He just shrugged his shoulders and
walked off!!!  Needless to say I haven't spoken to the man since!!